A time for change?
Here at Everpool Recruitment, we’ve had a busy few months! A new office, plenty of new recruits and a rapidly expanding portfolio of clients to service. However, as a management team, we want our people to be at the centre of what we do. We were keen to find out about the culture we’re building here and what is important to our team, so who better to ask than them!
Throughout April, we decided to conduct a full business review and sat with each of our team individually to discuss openly how they felt about the working environment, culture, career opportunities, training and support and much more. We asked our people for complete honesty; feedback on what we do well, where we can improve and suggestions for what they think would make working here better for them and potential future colleagues.
The results were overwhelmingly positive. We discovered that our people think;
- The working environment is among the best people have had
- The consultant bonus structure is up there with the best on the market
- All of our people see themselves in the business long-term
- We offer excellent progression opportunities, with recent promotions providing motivational to the rest of the team
- Apprentices are valued and know that there will be a job at the end of their apprenticeship if they continue their development
- The team’s support for each other is a massive contributor to our success
Of course, there were areas that people felt we could improve, and we received some really good suggestions. As such, we got together, discussed the ideas that had been put forward, and decided that we wanted to implement some changes. After all, what was the point of the review if we weren’t going to listen to our people and take action?
Therefore, with the premise of increasing flexibility and improving our work/life balance, we have now:
- Rewarded individuals with an increase in pay
- Increased annual leave for the whole team
- Reduced the weekly office hours by over 10%
- Allowed people the freedom to set their own weekly rota
- Increased the flexibility around working from home
- Introduced quarterly incentives – with an afternoon of activities and socialising on the business
We hope this has demonstrated to the team that we appreciate their hard work and support, that their opinion really does matter, and that we are listening. We are always open to suggestions that will enhance the business and make it a happier, more supportive environment for them to grow and develop within. After all, a happy workforce is a productive one!