Are you a tech enthusiast with a passion for building and repairing computers and hardware whose looking for a role, where you can really put your skills to use!?
Here’s your chance to turn your hobby into a fulfilling career!
Our client are seeking individuals, with a genuine interest in computer repair and hardware installation. The role is entry-level, where you will be supporting individuals, over the telephone and building infrastructure on site!
As a Trainee Service Technician – you will be supporting Nationwide clients, with trouble shooting over the telephone and onsite field-based support on occasion too!
Firstly, the small print!
Our clients head office, is based in Derby, you must be able to commute to Derby, in under 30-45 mins ideally, traffic permitting – the role doesn’t offer remote working!
You will require a full driving licence, as there will be sporadic nationwide travel involved in the role, this includes Northern Ireland, where accommodation will be provided!
Responsibilities and what to expect in the Service Technician role?
- For the field element of the role, you will be asked to travel across the country and will have use of the company vans.
- You should be aware that the role requires you to be flexible, this means that you sometimes, will be asked to work outside of your regular week day hours but you’ll always be handsomely rewarded for doing so!
- You will be taking calls and answering web chat queries from customers in need of technical support with queries around EPOS systems, CCTV and Broadband as well as their PC and connectivity issues.
- Enthusiasm and passion for computers and technology is a must! You will receive full training on the fundamentals but your knowledge of the ins and out of a computer, should already be strong!
- Training customers on site and over the telephone, coaching them on their new systems.
- Onsite installation of PC, EPOS, CCTV and Broadband for a variety of customers.
- In-house production and building of EPOS, routers and related technology, including hardware repairs.
Have excellent interpersonal skills, listening skills.
Be service driven, with a commitment to supporting customers.
Be able to work on your own and with in a team, able to stay motivated.
Be pragmatic, analytical and a problem solver!
Be professional with a great work ethic.
Able to organise yourself and work to a schedule affectively
Have a vast knowledge of the repair and instillation of computers – (EPOS) Point of sale system knowledge is highly advantageous also.
Benefits and additional information;
- Hours of work – Week days 37.5 hours per week – flexibility required for earlier starts and later finishes.
- Comprehensive on-the-job training and mentorship to learn all about your new role!
- Opportunity for professional growth in a dynamic and supportive environment.
- Supplementary pay for completing Field work and over time, £3000 Annually!
- 33 days holiday – including bank holidays AND your birthday off!
- Income protection scheme
- Death in service – life insurance policy and health insurance after 6 months!
- Enhanced parental pay for both Maternity and paternity!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- Out of hours supported bonus scheme