Team Leader – South East / East Midlands Homebased
Full Time (37.5 hours), Permanent Hybrid Position
Salary: £27,025 PA
Monday – Friday
The Team Leader position is integral to our commitment to delivering an exceptional claimant experience and optimising the performance of our health professionals. This role offers a unique opportunity to lead a dedicated team, ensuring efficient operations, compliance, and a positive impact on claimants’ journeys.
- Leadership Excellence: Provide strong leadership to a team of Administrators, fostering a culture of accountability, growth, and excellence.
- Act as a role model to my peers and other team members.
- Being an approachable and supportive team member whilst empowering other members of the team to reach their full potential.
- Actively participate in team meetings and ‘buzz calls’ and encourage other team members to do so.
- Communicating important updates to team members using appropriate means. Ie Teams, emails and face to face.
- Claimant-Centric Approach: Ensure that claimants receive timely and informative communication, resulting in a positive experience.
- Operational Optimisation: Proactively manage Assessment Centre sessions to maximise productivity and the utilisation of Healthcare Professionals (HPs).
- Resource Allocation: Monitor the arrivals board diligently to fill empty slots, optimising resource allocation.
- Effective Decision-Making: Make informed decisions related to retractions and cancellations, improving overall operational efficiency.
- Talent Development: Lead the onboarding and training of employees within the region, contributing to a skilled and capable workforce.
- Compliance and Governance: Introduce and oversee a governance framework to ensure adherence to current guidance.
- Process Improvement: Implement approved changes to processes and procedures, ensuring they are comprehensively followed and understood.
- Escalation Handling: Serve as the initial point of contact for escalations at the Assessment level, addressing issues promptly and professionally.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Leadership Experience: Demonstrated experience in a leadership or supervisory role, showcasing strong managerial skills.
- Communication Proficiency: Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities are essential.
- Team Management: Proven track record in managing teams and enhancing their performance.
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
- Compensation: £27,025 per annum.
- Career Advancement: Opportunities for professional development and progression.
- Employee Benefits: Access a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employee well-being.
How to Apply:
Feel free to apply directly or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!