Registered Manager (Social Work) – Preston
Monday to Friday
Full Time, Permanent
40hrs per week
£45,000 – £55,000 DOE
Our client is seeking a Registered Manager (Social Worker) in the Preston area, to lead the establishment of a new Family Assessment unit. The unit will provide parental assessment for mothers and their babies.
You will directly report to the Responsible Individual and oversee the day to day running of our ‘Family Assessment Unit’, with a caseload of up to 6 Mothers.
- You will directly report to the Responsible Individual and oversee the day to day running of our ‘Family Assessment Unit’, with a caseload of 6 Mothers.
- As a Registered Manager you will have a Social Work background with awareness of Substance Misuse, Health Care, Domestic Violence and supporting Mothers & their Babies in other capacities.
- You will register with Ofsted, and ensure the centres meets the full standards as per Residential Family Centres National Minimum Standards, Residential Family Centres Regulations 2002; Care Standards Act 2000 (legislation.gov.uk)
- As the Registered Manager you are responsible for delivering the centres ‘Statement of Purpose’ which you will keep under regular review.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day operation / management of an Ofsted regulated family assessment unit in line with company policies and procedures within the unit.
- To lead the unit though Ofsted inspections and regulation 44 visits ensuring continuous demonstration of quality practice within the unit.
- To lead on the admission process, developing person centred care plans and preparing the centre for each mother and baby following admission processes.
- To provide parental assessment for mothers and babies, providing vital reports and liaising directly with local authorities.
- To maintain oversight of all the units’ systems and processes including induction processes, monitoring of care plans, team meetings, line management procedures, auditing of medication, finance are all monitored regularly.
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working within the family assessment/parental assessment framework.
- Understanding, experience and knowledge of working within the Residential Family Centres National Minimum Standards, Residential Family Centres Regulations 2002; Care Standards Act 2000 and understanding of Ofsted’s regulatory framework.
- Driving Licence.
- A degree in Social Work.
- NVQ Level 3/4 in Children, young people.
- Level 5 desirable but not necessary, however must be willing to work towards this.
- Discounts on the companies Hotels
- Full training given with NVQ’s available, subsidised by the company after successfully completion of probation
- Career progression within the company
- £250 refer a Friend Scheme
- Health Care Package: Medicash
- Use of company cars
- Enrolment into the Pension scheme
- Onsite Parking
- Food available on shift.
If you feel the Registered Manager position may be for you or you are interested in finding out further information, please contact Joe by email email@example.com or call 07741 163699.