Paying £65- 70k depending on experience + Bonus Structure
Full time, permanent
As the Registered Manager you are the lead professional in the service, a role model for all staff. The Manager is required to provide effective clinical team Management and leadership, governance and management and it is their responsibility to secure, sustain and promote the reputation of the home. To ensure the delivery of high-quality holistic care and to create a caring environment conducive to individual needs and practice research development within the framework of quality assurance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with social care regulators and local authorities
- To become the person in charge responsible for the day-to-day running of the home with 24-hour responsibility for the care of the Service users.
- To provide improvement, independence and choice for Service Users, making sure they are treated with dignity at all times.
- To ensure policy and procedures are implemented and understood by all the staff to ensure the highest standard of care.
- To provide leadership to all staff to deliver the highest possible quality of care within a safe working and living environment.
- To set and maintain clear standards of care within the home in line with regulations of the Sentimental Care.
- To ensure that staff selection processes for all applied thoroughly and that all candidates are treated professionally. To ensure Registered Nurses maintain the registration with their regulatory bodies.
- To develop a culture of continuous quality improvement using the framework of clinical governance.
- Ensure that NMC codes of professional conduct and other NMC guidelines relating to professional practices are always followed.
- To ensure complaints and suggestions are positively actioned and dealt with correctly.
- To identify individual training needs
- To hold regular staff, Service Users and stake holder’s meetings
- To ensure that all Service Users have an up-date care plan,
- To ensure all risks associated with care e.g., moving and handling, mobility, challenging behaviour and skin integrity is identified and correctly actioned.
- To ensure the Home is compliant with DoLS legislation.
- To ensure that there is a regular programme of activities
- To conduct a pre-admission assessment for all potential Service Users.
- To meet professional and legal responsibilities with regard to the storage, handling and administration of drugs.
- To oversee the staff rota and ensuring that the staffing ratio meets the needs of the Service Users.
- To control sickness absence by conducting back to work interviews and correctly applying company policy.
- To participate with recruitment, selection and retention of staff.
- To liaise and attend Managers Meetings or other meetings as and when required by the Managing Director, Registered Individual, to discuss the overall Management of the home.
- To ensure the security and confidentially of records and information relating to the service.
- To ensure that all weekly periodical information is completed and returned on time to the Business Group Manager.
- To carry out night visits/inspections, at the Home unannounced at least twice a month.
Essential to the role.
- A robust personality, with continuous experience, within the Health Care Sector.
- Substantial proficiency in Operations and budget control.
- An analytical and systematic approach to quality care assurance and delivery.
- A seasoned personality, with a calm demeanour that does not get perturbed with a fast-paced environment.
- An individual that works towards a cohesive and united culture.
Desirable to the role.
- NEBOSH General – to implement good health and safety practices.
- CIPD – to implement good HR systems and practices.