Registered Children’s Home Manager
Full Time, Permanent
Monday to Friday, 40 Hours
We are looking for flexible, enthusiastic, compassionate, and caring people to join the team in Preston. If this is you, apply now!
Everpool Recruitment are seeking a Registered Manager in Preston, Lancashire to effectively deliver support to vulnerable children and young people aged 8 to 17. You will work with your team to promote and develop essential life skills for the children and young people in your care.
Summary Of Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the day to day operation / management of an Ofsted regulated residential provisions.
- Ensure the homes provides a nurturing, supportive child centred environment for the young people who live there, helping them to achieve their full potential.
- To ensure compliance with relevant regulations and legislation, in particular children’s home regulations and quality standards.
- Ensure key stages in the stay of children, such as admission and discharge are managed and reflect decisions recorded in care plans.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring quality assurance compliance with Ofsted requirements and internal and external monitoring arrangements.
- Comply with the company’s robust recruitment procedures using national and local guidance to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people.
- Establish and support regular supervision and annual appraisals, welfare, and support mechanism, in accordance with company policy.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and high standards of communication with local authorities and other key partners in achieving the best outcomes for children and young people.
- Manage and operate budgets and ensuring that staff operate financial systems such as petty cash.
What’s in it for you:
- Salary between 45 and 55K based on experience and qualifications.
- Bonus scheme based on Ofsted report.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- DBS update service fee refunded on completion of full year of employment with the company.
- Discounts on the companies Hotels.
- Career progression within the company
- Use of company car.
- Use of company laptop.
- Use of company mobile.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Onsite Parking.
- Food available on shift.
What We Require:
- Enhanced DBS
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England) or equivalent
- Full, UK driving licence.
- Candidates must be over the age of 21 to meet industry regulations.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a position relevant to the residential care of children
- A “Good” or “Outstanding” grade within your recent Ofsted Inspections
- Clear knowledge and understanding of using ClearCare software or a similar platform in a Children’s home provision.
- Sound knowledge of Ofsted regulations
- Ensuring that the staff induction is in line with company policies and procedures.
- Assisting the HR department in the recruitment and retention of staff
- Training staff on the implementation of ClearCare
- Ensuring that each member of staff has a supervision contract and receives supervision in line with National Minimum Standards
- Ensuring Team Leaders are adhering to your personal development plan through the Staff Appraisal Programme
- Ensuring staff adherence to company policy in relation to probationary periods.
- Promoting personal and professional development through the appropriate delegation of duties and responsibilities.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply now and one of the team will be in touch.