PIP / FAS Service Manager in Glasgow!
Hours: 37.5 Per Week
Salary: Band 8a – £67,285 – £71,978
Are you ready for an exciting opportunity to lead and shape the future of Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and the soon-to-be Functional Assessment Service (FAS)? We’re seeking a dynamic Service Manager with a proven background in the PIP field to join an NHS provider of PIP services on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Our client has been at the forefront of delivering over 300,000 high-quality disability assessments, serving as a trusted partner under a sub-contractual agreement with the DWP. The Personal Independence Payment service (PIP), soon to evolve into Functional Assessment Service (FAS), is designed to provide high quality disability assessments to support and determine welfare applications.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the Service Manager, you’ll take on a pivotal role in our mission to ensure equitable, compassionate, and high-quality disability assessments. Your responsibilities will include:
- Inspiring Excellence: Lead a team of 65-85 clinicians, fostering a culture of excellence and compassion in delivering disability assessments.
- Accountability: Directly oversee the consistent and equitable delivery of the PIP service, conducting a significant volume of PIP/FAS assessments each year, with a focus on telephony and video platforms.
- Continuous Learning: Undertake specialist PIP/FAS clinical training and earn accreditation from the Department of Work and Pensions as a disability analyst.
- Professional Development: Contractually ensure a robust program of Continuing Professional Development for PIP/FAS clinical staff.
- Innovation: Play a key role in influencing and advising the National PIP/FAS Clinical Leads Forum and the Contractor/Provider PIP Clinical Director, contributing to the ongoing development and enhancement of the national PIP/FAS clinical assessment tool.
- Registered Clinician: Hold valid NMC/HCPC registration.
- Education: Possess a master’s level qualification.
- Leadership: Demonstrate experience as a service manager, preferably in a PIP or ESA environment.
- Resource Management: Proven skills in resource management and leadership.
Why Choose Us:
- Impactful Work: Be part of a groundbreaking initiative that makes a real difference in people’s lives.
- Career Progression: Opportunity to advance your career within a forward-thinking organisation.
- Competitive Salary and NHS benefits: A competitive salary package reflective of your skills and expertise.
If you’re excited about the prospect of leading change, shaping the future of disability assessments, and making a positive impact, we encourage you to reach out to Ellouise via email at email@example.com to express your interest in the Service Manager role.