Registered Nurse – Functional Assessor
Starting Salary: £39,500
*Hybrid Working Available
Everpool Recruitment are currently recruiting Registered Nurses for an exciting and challenging opportunity to become a qualified Functional Assessor. This role will require you to use your broad-based medical experience and nursing skills to carry out health assessments and examinations with individuals who are living with longer-term disabilities and illnesses who are applying for a government-funded benefit called Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). This benefit is awarded to people who have a limited or no capability for employment as a result of living with a health condition.
As a Functional Assessor, you will not be required to treat, advise, refer, diagnose, or rehabilitate but assess how disabilities and illnesses may impact on a person’s functionality in performing work-related activity. As part of the consultation process, you will be required to compile clear and concise evidence-based reports using your findings from each assessment, which will then be submitted to assist with the decision-making process.
This is a permanent position with full-time and part-time working hours available. Standard working hours are 9:00am–5:00pm and you will not be required to work weekends, nights, or bank holidays.
There is an option to be a Hybrid assessor meaning you would do 3 Days onsite and 2 days from home per week. *Training would need to be completed on site first for the first 3 months.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face/telephone assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP.
- File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face/telephone assessment.
- To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
- Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both clinical colleagues and administrative support staff.
- Starting salary: £39,500 per annum
- Working hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm (37.5hrs)
- Office-based/Home-based assessments (no community/home visits required)
- Fantastic opportunities for career progression and professional development
- Hybrid working pattern available* (work up to 50% from home)
- Plenty of exposure as you develop your skills and clinical knowledge
- Opportunities to explore other roles
- CPD days
- Pension scheme
- Holiday trading (buy/sell annual leave)
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Life insurance
- Critical illness cover
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Ellouise at Everpool recruitment at email@example.com for more information. Alternatively, please apply to this advert and a consultant from the team will be in touch.