Are you a tech-savvy professional with a passion for ensuring the reliability and performance of critical infrastructure systems? If so, we have an exciting career opportunity for you!
As an Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining the health and efficiency of our clients vast infrastructure. As a monitoring engineer you will also be responsible for the continuous surveillance of our clients and their customers systems.
Due to the nature of this role, the hours are based on both day time and night shifts patterns as follows;
Working hours will be based on four day rota of day time working only on site or at customer locations between (07:00 – 19:00) OR four night shifts working remotely from (19:00 – 07:00) this is then following by 4 days of rest time.
- Monitoring and analysing network, server, and application performance to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Arranging maintenance slots with customers to carry out manual updates and upgrades to a variety of devices.
- Configuring and fine-tuning monitoring tools and systems to ensure optimal performance.
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive reports and dashboards to provide insights into infrastructure performance.
- Implementing security measures to protect against potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to optimize infrastructure and enhance system reliability.
- Managing out of hours service desk queries
- Attending meetings with senior infrastructure and Delivery team members
To excel in this role, you should possess:
Proven experience in infrastructure monitoring and system management
Proficiency in monitoring tools
Investigation and knowledge of multiple server crashes with focus on connectivity layers
triaging and prioritising multiple cases based on impact and severity
Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make informed decisions.
Knowledge of security best practices and the ability to implement security measures.
Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Switch Administration knowledge (general fault-finding and diagnosis)
RDP, IDRAC and iLO
Windows Server 2012, 2016 and upwards (knowledge such as managing disk space, diagnosing performance issues, investigate failed logins)
Veeam (Understanding RTO/RPO and rerunning failed jobs
Desired qualifications may look like;
Cisco CCNA – certificated level
Linux Server architecture
Vmware VCP certified level
What will you receive in return for joining?
Competitive salary and benefits package £28,000-£35,000 DOE
Collaborative and inclusive work culture.
Exposure to a diverse range of technical challenges.
Exposure to a diverse client and customer base
The chance to work with a passionate and talented team.
Benefits to shout about!
- 25 days holidays plus an extra day for your birthday!
- Company pension scheme
- Medical cash back plans
- Private medical insurance
- Education and advice about finances
- Counselling services for you and your loved ones
- Fun and collaborative events annually
If you are ready to take on exciting challenges, contribute your expertise, and grow professionally, apply or save time by sending your CV directly to email@example.com or drop me a text addressed to Josie with a little about your experience and skills set; 07543 501 925
Everpool Recruitment and our client, is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. However we cannot currently accept any applications requiring sponsorship.