Experienced Costs Negotiator
Full Time, Permanent
£35,000 – £45,000 DOE
We are currently recruiting for an ever-growing Law firm in Liverpool. The law firm are an expert accident and housing disrepair solicitors and providers of personal injury advice, services and support.
We are looking for an experienced Costs Negotiator with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience of Cost experience and ideally exposure to Housing Disrepair and Japanese Knotweed claims.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To prepare bill of costs for detailed assessment
- To prepare cost claims for submission to opposing solicitor and the Courts
- To undertake negotiations
- To prepare Statement of Costs for summary assessment
- To prepare and costs budgets
- To prepare Points of Dispute and Replies
- To prepare applications for interim Costs Certificates and preparing hearing bundles for Detailed Assessment
- To represent the Claimant at hearings for Assessment of costs or Costs budget hearings
- To assist in drafting High Costs Case Plans for submission to the Court/Third Party Representatives etc.
- To liaise and advise with fee earners and support staff in relation to any costs related query
- Drafting estimates of costs to accompany Allocation Questionnaires and Pre Trial Checklists
- Drafting statements of costs (N260’s)for summary assessment
- Conducting negotiations re costs issues
- Draft Notices of Commencement to serve bills of costs on paying parties
- Drafting points of dispute and replies to points of dispute
- Attending detailed assessment hearings
- Undertaking other duties reasonably required by partners or senior management.
- Full time, permanent
- Monday – Friday
- Office based
- £35,000 – £45,000 DOE
- Training and progression opportunities
- Dress Down Fridays
- 22 Day’s Paid Holiday rising to 25 after 3 years continued service
- Death In Service
- Staff performance incentives.
If you feel the Costs Negotiator position may be for you or you are interested in finding out further information, please contact Joe at Everpool Recruitment by email email@example.com or call 0151 556 2090. Alternatively, you can apply to this advert and someone from the Everpool team will be in touch.