Sub-Contract Draughtsman / Mechanical Engineer
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
Working as a sub – contract Draughtsman / design engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out a variety of engineering duties including designing, researching, and prototyping new products. you will have hands-on experience using CAD and CAE software like inventor, solid works plus other software.
A strong attention to detail and a creative flair in order to develop and design new systems and machinery. It’s also important that you have rock-solid project management skills to meet the daily demands of the role.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports To: Design office manager / machine shop manager
- ‘Cradle to grave’ oversight of machining jobs/Projects including quotation/ Estimation.
- Modelling & Reproducing Drawings of Parts/Assemblies from Customer Drawings/Sketches in AutoCAD / Inventor while applying correct tolerances and or Geometric Tolerancing.
- Measuring Supplied Parts/ Samples and producing Drawings, including Reverse Engineering.
- Site Visits for Surveying & Engineered Solutions Purposes
- Liaising with customers regarding requirement and technical details.
- Sourcing Engineering Technical data (Seals, Bearings, Bought in Parts, Materials Etc)
- Engineering Calculations (Density of materials Etc, Motor requirements, Sealing solutions)
- Performing DFM/Feasibility assessments (can we make it / how do we make it, is it worth us making it)
- Providing 3D CAM model Data to Machine Shop
- Sourcing & Ordering Materials for Jobs
- Issuing drawings/jobs to Machine shop.
- Performing measuring Checks on machined parts.
- Data entry (logging of orders on database, Work Scheduler)
Supporting Laser/Profiling Department:
- Producing DXF Drawings from customer drawings, sketches and templates for use by profiling (laser / Waterjet)
- Reverse engineering parts from customer samples
- Producing Folding Drawings for Press operators
- Calculating material requirements for rolled parts
- Converting Drawing formats for laser department.
Supporting Fabrication/Site operations:
- Producing fabrication / assembly drawings
- Cutting lists for saw
- Site Visits for Surveying & Engineered Solutions Purpose
- Supporting Front office/ Sales with “small works” projects.
- Supporting operations
- Anything & Everything Drawing related
- Maintain own continuing professional development, keeping up to date with the latest software’s and industry developments.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of information relating to the Company and the customers designs.
- Adhere to Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- Any other duties as required.
The above is an outline of the duties you are expected to perform in your role; it is not an exhaustive list. You may be required, from time to time, to undertake additional duties as determined by your manager.
If you feel this role is of an interest to yourself then please reach apply for the role or reach out on firstname.lastname@example.org M:07425675166