Direct Support Professional
Salary: £20,222 (Based on 35h)
Hours: Shift patterns vary – rota-based system (You must be flexible)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Specific qualifications are not mandatory, a commitment to pursing an NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care.
- Experience working with and relating to people from diverse backgrounds.
Become a support worker and be part of a rewarding journey making a positive impact in the lives of individuals.
- Provide effective support that empowers individuals to have a fulfilling life.
- Supporting individuals in reaching their maximum capability.
- Help to enable individuals to make their own decisions.
- Support individuals in engaging activities they enjoy.
- Support individuals in maintaining relationships and developing new ones.
- Assist individuals during challenging situations.
- Assisting individuals with cooking, cleaning, and general household tasks.
- Work towards positive outcomes while prioritizing the safety of the individual.
- Support individuals with personal care needs, dignity and promoting independence.
- Assist individuals in managing personal finances and necessary administrative tasks.
- Ensure safe administration of medication.
- Support individuals in completing daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Assist individuals in accessing necessary healthcare services.
- Support individuals in accessing and understanding their rights.
- Providing positive support to individuals ensuring their value and empowerment take control of their own lives.
- Capable of facilitating informed decisions-making for individuals.
- Competent in supporting personal care needs whilst showing dignity and respect.
- Establishing strong working relationships with the individual/families/carers.
- Good communication skills: ability to interpret verbal, emotional and behavioural cues.
- Adapt at supporting the individual in managing finances.
- Be a good team player and be able to work in a team environment.
If this opportunity aligns with your professional aspirations, we invite you to reach out for a confidential discussion please contact Hannah McGlynn via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or call 07500827519. Alternatively, we welcome you to apply to this advertisement. Our dedicated consultants will promptly reach out to you, ensuring a seamless and confidential process.