Wellbeing Lead/Activities Coordinator
32 hours per week
- Identify resident activity needs and wishes through assessment, observation and discussion.
- Liaise with activities staff, residents, relatives, friends of residents and staff to ensure full knowledge of the resident’s likes, dislikes, interests, abilities and difficulties.
- Explore the most appropriate methods and resources for meeting activity needs, including group events, individual sessions, involving internal and external sources and involving community based resources.
- Plan a varied programme of activity based around the needs of the resident group using the identified sources in conjunction with Management, the activities staff and other colleagues.
- Advertise the planned programme in an appropriate manner which encourages involvement of all activities staff, residents, relatives and staff.
- Provide activities based on the planned programme in a flexible manner, allowing for necessary changes.
- Maintain written records of resident assessments, resident participation and activity evaluations in line with the Quality Manual.
- Maintain a portfolio of information, including the range of activities available within the Home and the local community.
- Regularly review resident needs, the programme of activities and levels of participation, in conjunction with Management.
- Organise theme events as required, based on local holidays, traditions, etc.
- Organise outings as appropriate, giving consideration to safety needs and staffing requirements.
- Participate in fund raising events as required.